BREAKING NEWS: DESIGN IS DEAD (ACCORDING TO PHILIPPE STARK)

Friday, March 28, 2008

Starck logo

«I was a producer of materiality and I am ashamed of this fact.Everything I designed was unnecessary. I will definitely give up in two years’ time. I want to do something else, but I don’t know what yet. I want to find a new way of expressing myself …design is a dreadful form of expression…. In future there will be no more designers. The designers of the future will be the personal coach, the gym trainer, the diet consultant.»

["Yo era un productor de materialidad y estoy avergonzado por ello. Todo lo que diseñé era innecesario. Definintivamente me retiraré en dos años. Quiero hacer otra cosa, pero todavía no se qué. Quiero encontrar una nueva forma de expresarme... el diseño es terrible como forma de expresión... En el futuro no habrá mas diseñadores. Los diseñadores del futuro serán los personal coachs, los entrenadores de gimnasia, los dietistas."]
Philippe Starck

Via: Swissmiss
Link: Starck: Design is dead, sorry.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

← PREVIOUS

NEXT →